Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fish Soup with Rice ...

When I have an urge to have something fresh and soupy, I tend to crave for fish soup. There are variations to this dish - either fried fish or just sliced fish, with noodles or rice, with milk or without. Truly spoilt for choice. And this dish is easily available at any hawker centre.

But my favourite has to be with rice. And usually I like to have with the sliced fish and clear soup but recently, I had some yummy ones at a makan place across the road from Bras Basah Complex (next to Allson and Victoria Hotel). I managed to take a photo before I tucked in and all this for $3.00!

There's a nice lady who mans the stall alone and I guess she uses fresh ingredients that makes this soupy dish delicious. And of course, you need to have it with chilli (and she uses hot chilli padi) with soya sauce and this will really make you sweat and clears up your system.

If you want the healthier option, skip the milk but for me, am hooked to the milky soup that she serves up!


Post and Photos by Zilla.

No comments: