Monday, July 16, 2007

About Słowik and Zilla...

A few words from Zilla:
I am a true blue Singaporean and that means that I have been put on this Earth to enjoy food - all sorts of food be it Western or Asian. I love my chillies and I have it with everything. I was told that chillies kill the taste and flavour of food but I beg to differ. Chillies help to enhance the flavour and for food that has no taste, just a dash of chilli will make a huge difference. If I had to choose my last meal, it would probably be good nasi padang with paru goreng, sambal sotong, ayam masak merah, siput lemak and lots of chilli padi *grins* And of course it will include desserts and I love cheesecakes basically. Will have to do several posts dedicated to different cheesecakes in Singapore ya. And also good carrot cake with a generous spread of cheesey cream on it. Alrighty, am drooling already thinking of all these yummy food. On Makan Central, it's basically where we will share our eating experiences with you - the good, the bad, the ordinary and even the down the odd food that we may come across. Till then, keep coming back to check out our posts!

A few words from Słowik:
My attitudes towards food have so far spanned the gamut of cravings to the point of addiction and total indifference. Right now I am somewhere in between. I have no favourites. I also do not have any foods that I do not like although there are some I prefer more or less. I grew up on Polish food during the times when the iron curtain was drawn. So the food was simple but healthy. Delicacies, such as ham and bacon (not the common bacon strips), were once a year treat for Christmas. The general attitudes towards food were totally different to those in Singapore. Perhaps it was because unlike in Singapore where food is available almost everywhere and almost any time of day, there it was a mostly private affair in one's home. I am in search of my favourites but I do not hold out much hope of finding them at this stage. Although I am ready to be surprised. Should you come along for this journey you may be surprised, too.

No comments: